California Avocado Cardamom Ice Cream
Total Time: 50 min
Prep Time: |
Ingredients1 1/2 tsp. cardamom seeds 3 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled 1 cup organic sweetened condensed milk 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream 1/2 cup whole milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toast cardamom seeds for 5 minutes.
- Grind cardamom in a spice grinder and set aside.
- Place avocado, condensed milk, cream, milk, and ground cardamom seeds into a blender. Turn on to lowest setting and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze per machine’s instructions.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados