Replacing some of the butter with California Avocados not only helps save on calories and sodium, but also makes these cookies so soft and chewy! Add some chocolate chips and peanut butter candy bars bits for a flavor combo that melts in your mouth.
California Avocado Chocolate and Candy Bar Cookies
|1/2||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded|
|2||cups||all purpose flour|
|1/2||cup||semi-sweet chocolate chips|
|2||oz.||chocolate covered, peanut butter flavored candy bars, chopped|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or with a hand mixer, beat butter and avocado together on medium-low speed. Add both sugars and continue to mix until creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and egg, and beat for another 10-15 seconds. Then add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat for another 2-3 minutes, until all of the ingredients are incorporated. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and give it another quick mix. Add in chocolate chips and candy bar pieces, and beat just until they are spread out throughout the dough.
- Place about a 1 ½ Tbsp. of dough for each cookie on to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until they look puffed up and are just slightly golden brown. Let cool completely on the baking sheet before eating.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.