California Avocado Cornbread
Ingredients3 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups polenta 3/4 cup sugar 1 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder 1/2 Tbsp. salt 6 large eggs 3 Fresh California Avocado*, peeled and seeded 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 10″x12″ or 9″x13″ pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a small mixing bowl.
- Mash avocados in a bowl, then slowly whisk in the milk to form a smooth consistency.
- Add the beaten eggs to the dry ingredients and mix. Add the avocado/milk mixture and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes, rotate the pan and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool on a rack.
- Cut pan 6 x 5 to yield 30-2″ squares. Serve with whipped honey butter.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados