California Avocado Cornbread
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||baking powder|
|3||Fresh California Avocado*, peeled and seeded|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 10"x12" or 9"x13" pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a small mixing bowl.
- Mash avocados in a bowl, then slowly whisk in the milk to form a smooth consistency.
- Add the beaten eggs to the dry ingredients and mix. Add the avocado/milk mixture and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes, rotate the pan and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool on a rack.
- Cut pan 6 x 5 to yield 30-2" squares. Serve with whipped honey butter.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.