California Avocado, Endive, Poached Prawn Salad
|As needed||Poached Prawns (recipe follows)|
|As needed||Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette (recipe follows)|
|As needed||California Avocado Endive Salad (recipe follows)|
|As needed||Thyme-Honey Almond Pesto (recipe follows)|
|4||oz.||black olive tapenade|
|Poached Prawns (Yield: 12 prawns)|
|12||prawns, butterflied (size 16/20)|
|1/4||oz.||garlic cloves, crushed (2 cloves)|
|As needed||Fresno chili, cut into quarters (1 chili)|
|3||sprigs marjoram, bruised|
|1||1/2-inch piece of ginger, peeled, roughly chopped|
|Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette (Yield: 1-2/3 cup)|
|8||oz.||Extra virgin olive oil|
|4||oz.||Meyer lemon juice|
|California Avocado Endive Salad (Yield: 4 cups)|
|13||oz.||large dice Fresh California Avocados|
|12||oz.||endive (6 heads), cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Thyme-Honey Almond Pesto (Yield: 1-1/4 cups)|
|2/3||oz.||thyme (1 bunch), finely chopped|
|1||garlic clove, microplaned|
|2||oz.||almonds, roughly chopped|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Mix the black olive tapenade with the oil to thin to drizzling consistency. Add more oil as necessary.
- Season the prawns with kosher salt and refrigerate until needed.
- Place the avocado oil in a shallow, wide pot. Add the garlic, Fresno chili, marjoram, and ginger to the oil. Place the oil on medium-low heat and slowly bring to 180 degrees. Remove from heat and let steep 30 min. to infuse the flavors.
- Strain the oil. Place the strained oil into a pan set over medium heat. Remove the prawns from the refrigerator. When the oil is hot, add the prawns and cook for 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
California Avocado Endive Salad:
- Combine the sliced endive in a bowl with the Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette. Add the diced avocado and toss to combine.
Thyme Honey Almond Pesto:
- Pour the oil into a small bowl. Add the chopped thyme immediately to the oil to preserve the color. Add the remaining ingredients, stir to combine.
- Place 1 cup of the Avocado Endive Salad in the center of each plate. Stand 3 prawns in a circle around each salad. Drizzle about 1/3 cup of the Thyme-Honey Almond Pesto around each salad. Drizzle about 1 oz. of the black olive tapenade mixture around each plate. Serve.