These California Avocado Fries don’t require any frying! Serve this crowd-pleaser at any party or occasion as people will come looking for more.
California Avocado Fries with Chili Lime Sauce
Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 40 mcg; Vitamin C 11 mg; Calcium 42 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 108 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.91 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced 1 egg, beaten 1/4 cup coconut flour 1/4 cup almond flour 1/4 tsp. garlic powder 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika 1/2 tsp. nutritional yeast 1/8 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. pepper Chili Lime Sauce Ingredients: 1/4 cup mayonnaise 1 Tbsp. lime juice 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Lay the avocado slices in a single layer on the prepared lined baking sheet.
- In a shallow bowl or plate, add the coconut flour, almond flour, and spices. Mix together with a fork.
- Dip one avocado slice in the beaten egg then dredge it in the flour mixture making sure that the slice is totally coated. Place back on the baking sheet and repeat this process until all the avocado slices are coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 minutes flipping and spraying with cooking spray oil halfway through. Consume while hot or store in the fridge and reheat in the oven before eating.
Chili Lime Sauce Instructions:
- In a small bowl, add all the dip ingredients together. Enjoy with the avocado fries.
Serving Suggestion: Consider topping the fries with fresh herbs for added flavor.
Beverage Pairing: Enjoy this dish with a refreshing light beer like a pilsner or lager.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados