Tropical Cream Pie
Vitamin A 596 IU; Vitamin C 5 mg; Calcium 151 mg; Iron 4 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 39 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 15%; Iron 25%
Ingredients3 oz. butter 1 Tbsp. honey 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs 1 (14-oz. can) sweetened condensed milk 8 oz. cream cheese 2 ripe Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded 1/4 cup lime juice 1/4 tsp. vanilla 1/8 tsp. sea salt 1/2 cup coconut, toasted, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, over low heat. Stir in honey.
- Add graham cracker crumbs and mix well.
- Pat crumbs evenly onto bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake pie shell for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk and cream cheese; blend well.
- Mash avocados with lime juice and add to milk mixture.
- Add vanilla and salt, beat until smooth. Turn into cooled crust.
- Garnish with coconut, cover and chill for 2 to 6 hours before serving.
Top with slivered almonds just before serving, if desired.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados