Tropical Cream Pie
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1 1/2||cups||Graham cracker crumbs|
|1||(14-oz. can) sweetened condensed milk|
|2||ripe Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded|
|1/2||cup||coconut, toasted, as garnish|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, over low heat. Stir in honey.
- Add graham cracker crumbs and mix well.
- Pat crumbs evenly onto bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake pie shell for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk and cream cheese; blend well.
- Mash avocados with lime juice and add to milk mixture.
- Add vanilla and salt, beat until smooth. Turn into cooled crust.
- Garnish with coconut, cover and chill for 2 to 6 hours before serving.
Top with slivered almonds just before serving, if desired.
Vitamin A 596 IU; Vitamin C 5 mg; Calcium 151 mg; Iron 4 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 39 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 15%; Iron 25%