This California Avocado Lime Cheesecake recipe is a dairy-free dessert that requires no baking! It’s vegan, gluten-free, unbelievably creamy and full of zesty lime flavor. Creamy, ripe California Avocados and cashews are truly the star of this vegan cheesecake filling. Used in place of traditional cream cheese or a store-bought vegan cream cheese, California Avocados have the fats that love you back!
California Avocado Lime Cheesecake
Total Time: 3 h 20 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 5 mcg; Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 150 mg; Iron 5 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 56 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.07 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 10%; Iron 30 %; Vitamin D 0%
IngredientsCrust 6 large Medjool dates, pitted 1/2 cup rolled oats 1/2 cup buckweat groats 2 Tbsp. creamy nut butter of choice cold, filtered water, as needed Filling 2 cups raw cashews, pre-soaked in filtered water for about two hours or overnight 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled 2/3 cup maple syrup 1/4 cup fresh key lime juice 1 tsp. vanilla extract or paste 2 tsp. ceremonial grade matcha powder 1/2 tsp. salt
- Prepare crust by pulsing together all crust ingredients except water in a blender.
- Pulse until a sticky crumble forms. You should be able to form it between your fingers. If the mixture feels dry, adjust by adding water by the teaspoon, as needed.
- Press crust mixture into a 9-in. springform pan to create an even crust. Set aside.
- Drain cashews and then add to the blender with all remaining filling ingredients. Using a tamper to help break down the ingredients, blend until completely smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the springform pan and then tap down to remove any air bubbles. Smooth the surface with the back of a spoon and place in the freezer to set for three hours, or overnight.
- To serve, let thaw for a few minutes then gently remove from the pan and enjoy.
Variations: This recipe will make 1 large (9-in) cheesecake or 3 mini (4-in) cheesecakes. If you cannot find buckwheat groats, you can substitute this with more oats, or use a nut like pecans or toasted almonds.
Serving Suggestion: If you’d like, you can garnish with coconut whipped cream, fresh slices of key lime and zest.
Beverage Pairing: Serve with an iced matcha to complement the flavors and balance the sweetness of the cheesecake.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados