California Avocado Lime Soup with Creme Fraiche and Roasted Pimientos
|2||cups||Onion, finely chopped|
|2||cups||Celery, finely chopped|
|1 1/3||cups||Leek (white only), finely chopped|
|1||Tbsp.||Garlic, finely chopped|
|6||lb.||California Avocados, pureed|
|3/4||cup||fresh lime juice|
|As needed||Salt and freshly ground white pepper - to taste|
|As needed||Creme fraiche or sour cream - as needed for garnish|
|As needed||Roasted pimiento or red bell pepper, julienned - as needed for garnish|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Sauté onion, celery, leek and garlic in butter until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour; cook over low heat, stirring constantly 3 or 4 minutes.
- Whisk in stock; simmer until vegetables are very soft, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in avocado; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- PER ORDER
- To serve chilled or hot, garnish 1-1/2 cup soup with a dollop of crème fraiche and a few strips of pimiento.
Serving Size = 1.5 Cups