Avocado Shrimp Summer Roll
|8||spring roll wrappers|
|24||small shrimp (approx. 12 ounces), peeled and deveined|
|1||Tbsp.||sriracha hot sauce|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
|3||oz.||bean thread noodles|
|1||Tbsp.||toasted sesame oil|
|8||red lettuce leaves|
|2||oz.||carrot, peeled, fine julienne|
|2||oz.||daikon, peeled, fine julienne|
|4||oz.||English cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded, sliced ¼" thick|
|1||Fresh California Avocado,* peeled, seeded, sliced into 24 slices|
|2||Tbsp.||cilantro, finely chopped|
|2||Tbsp.||mint, finely chopped|
|As needed||Roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped, as needed as an accompaniment|
|As needed||Chili sauce and/or sweet soy dipping sauce as an accompaniment|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Heat canola oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the sriracha, shrimp, salt and pepper. Cook shrimp until opaque and cooked through completely. Transfer to a plate and let cool. Refrigerate until needed.
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse thoroughly in cold water. Place noodles in a bowl and toss with sesame oil.
- Dip a spring roll wrapper into warm water. Once soft and pliable, place on work surface. Place one lettuce leaf in center of wrapper. Top with about ¼ cup of the noodles, then 3 shrimp, then 6-8 carrot strips, 6-8 daikon strips, 6-8 cucumber slices, then 3 avocado slices. Top with a pinch of chopped cilantro and mint.
- Fold in each side of the wrapper, then fold the bottom over the filling and tightly roll up. ** Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling ingredients.
- Cut spring rolls in half and serve with optional accompaniments.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
**If not serving immediately, wrap each spring roll in saran wrap to keep from drying out.