Avocado Shrimp Summer Roll
Ingredients8 spring roll wrappers 24 small shrimp (approx. 12 ounces), peeled and deveined 1 Tbsp. sriracha hot sauce 1 tsp. canola oil Pinch of salt and pepper 3 oz. bean thread noodles 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil 8 red lettuce leaves 2 oz. carrot, peeled, fine julienne 2 oz. daikon, peeled, fine julienne 4 oz. English cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded, sliced ¼" thick 1 Fresh California Avocado,* peeled, seeded, sliced into 24 slices 2 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped 2 Tbsp. mint, finely chopped As needed Roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped, as needed as an accompaniment As needed Chili sauce and/or sweet soy dipping sauce as an accompaniment
- Heat canola oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the sriracha, shrimp, salt and pepper. Cook shrimp until opaque and cooked through completely. Transfer to a plate and let cool. Refrigerate until needed.
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse thoroughly in cold water. Place noodles in a bowl and toss with sesame oil.
- Dip a spring roll wrapper into warm water. Once soft and pliable, place on work surface. Place one lettuce leaf in center of wrapper. Top with about ¼ cup of the noodles, then 3 shrimp, then 6-8 carrot strips, 6-8 daikon strips, 6-8 cucumber slices, then 3 avocado slices. Top with a pinch of chopped cilantro and mint.
- Fold in each side of the wrapper, then fold the bottom over the filling and tightly roll up. ** Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling ingredients.
- Cut spring rolls in half and serve with optional accompaniments.
**If not serving immediately, wrap each spring roll in saran wrap to keep from drying out.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados