California Avocado Tabbouleh
|Tabbouleh Salad (recipe follows)|
|3||Fresh California Avocados*, sliced|
|2 1/2||cups||bulgur wheat|
|2 1/2||cups||boiling water|
|1 1/2||lb.||English cucumber, finely diced|
|1 1/2||lb.||cherry or grape tomatoes, halved|
|1||cup||green onions, thinly sliced|
|1||cup||Italian parsley, roughly chopped|
|1||cup||cilantro, roughly chopped|
|1 1/2||cups||basil, thinly sliced|
|1/2||cup||mint, finely chopped|
|1/3||cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 1/3||cups||Meyer lemon juice|
|1/2||cup||+ 2 Tbsp. Meyer lemon zest|
|1||Fresh California Avocado, finely diced|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Place bulgur in a large bowl and stir in hot water. Cover for 1 hour until the water has been absorbed and the bulgur has softened. Cool.
- Stir cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions, parsley, cilantro, basil, and mint into the bulgur.
- For the dressing, whisk olive oil and avocado oil into the lemon juice and stir in lemon zest.
- Fold the dressing into the tabbouleh. Then fold in 1 California Avocado, finely diced.
- To serve, mound 6-ounce tabbouleh in the center of plate. Fan three slices California Avocado over top.
- Cut the 3 avocados in half lengthwise, and remove pits, leaving the avocado flesh on the skin. Cut 8 slices per half in skin. Put the two halves together and wrap plastic wrap around avocado, until serving.
- Just before serving, scoop out 3 slices for garnish.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.