California Avocado Grapefruit Salsa
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1 1/2||tsp.||chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeds and membranes removed|
|2||Tbsp.||red onion, finely diced|
|1 1/2||large, ripe Fresh California Avocados|
|1||Tbsp.||+ 1 1/2 tsp. honey|
|1||lime, zest grated and juice reserved|
|Cilantro sprigs as needed for garnish|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Gently fold grapefruit and juice, onion, chipotle pepper, cumin, salt and cilantro into avocado mixture.
- Peel and segment grapefruit, reserving juice; cut segments in half.
- Dice avocado; gently toss with lime juice mixture. Reserve.
- Mix lime juice, zest, and honey.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Makes enough for 6 Grilled Swordfish with California Avocado Grapefruit Salsa.
Serve with hot coffee or fresh juice.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.