These egg breakfast muffins are a delicious, satisfying breakfast option. Make a batch on the weekend and enjoy throughout the week.
Eggs-traordinary California Avocado Breakfast Muffins
Total Time: 20 min
Ingredients3/4 cup grape tomatoes, chopped 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped 1 ripe Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and diced Salt, to taste Pepper, to taste 1/4 tsp. chipotle seasoning (optional) 2 large eggs 1/2 cup egg whites 1 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
(Yields: 15 Mini Muffins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a standard-sized non-stick mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine tomatoes, spinach, avocado, salt, pepper and optional chipotle seasoning.
- Spoon two tablespoons of vegetable and avocado mixture into each mini muffin cup.
- Beat eggs and egg whites together in a separate bowl.
- Pour eggs over the vegetables until about a little more than three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle egg muffin mixture with cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until eggs spring back to the touch.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces.
Copyright © 2014, Bonnie Taub-Dix
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados