Avocado toast starring Fresh California Avocados is topped with herbed goat cheese and roasted sunflower seeds on toasted sourdough. It all goes together quickly and tastes so good!
California Avocado Toast with Goat Cheese
Total Time: 5 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 13 mcg; Vitamin C 83 mg; Calcium 100 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 138 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.18 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 90%; Calcium 8%; Iron 10 %; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients1 slice thick-cut, crusty sourdough bread 1 tsp. olive oil 1/4 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and mashed sea salt, or to taste, optional 1 oz. herbed goat cheese, pinched into small pieces fresh cracked pepper, or to taste 1 Tbsp. roasted sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat toaster oven or oven to 425 F.
- Spread olive oil on top side of bread, then place on rack in the toaster oven or oven and toast until golden brown. Remove from oven and put on a plate.
- Combine avocado and sea salt if using, then spread onto the top side of toast.
- Place goat cheese pieces over the avocado, top with cracked pepper and sunflower seeds (if using); serve immediately.
- Add fruit or veggies such as sliced tomatoes or arugula.
- Turn into an open-faced sandwich by topping with your choice of meats and veggies.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with fresh figs or sliced apples.
Beverage Pairing: Hot or iced green tea.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados