This Italian-inspired breakfast toast combines salty and sweet to perfection with its use of Medjool dates, manchego cheese and decadent prosciutto.
California Avocado Toast with Prosciutto, Fennel and Medjool Date
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||slice 3/4"-thick country bread|
|1/2||tsp.||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and thinly sliced|
|1/4||cup||fennel, thinly sliced|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||Italian parsley|
|1||Medjool date, thinly sliced|
|1||oz.||manchego cheese, finely grated|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Drizzle sliced bread with olive oil. Toast on a flat top, non-stick frying pan or griddle until golden brown.
- Place the avocado slices on top of toasted bread and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt.
- Toss fennel slices and parsley in lemon juice, and let sit for a minute.
- Tear prosciutto slices into pieces and lay over avocado.
- Top with fennel and parsley.
- Garnish with date slivers and manchego cheese.
Vitamin A 663 IU; Vitamin C 24 mg; Calcium 300 mg; Iron 4 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 143 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.09 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 30%; Iron 20%