The garlic bread is loaded with garden-fresh produce like spinach and tomatoes with irresistible California Avocado.
California Garlic Bread with Sautéed Spinach and Avocados
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1/2||large loaf whole wheat ciabatta (sliced lengthwise from full loaf)|
|3||Tbsp.||minced garlic (divided)|
|As needed||Kosher salt & pepper|
|1||Tbsp.||grapeseed or olive oil (divided)|
|1||cup||halved grape tomatoes|
|1||yellow pepper, stem, seeds and membrane removed, sliced|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled|
|As needed||red pepper, optional|
|As needed||balsamic Reduction/Glaze|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter; add in 2/3 of the garlic, season with salt and pepper, stir and set aside.
- Place bread onto baking sheet and liberally brush it with garlic butter. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, sauté 2 tsp. oil and remaining garlic for 1 minute; add in spinach and stir just until spinach begins to wilt. Remove from heat, squeeze a few drops of lemon juice, stir and spread it over-top of prepared bread.
- In same pan, add tomatoes and peppers; sauté for 2 minutes. Place atop the spinach-topped bread, season with salt and pepper (and red pepper for some heat).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. While the bread bakes, cut avocado into bite-sized chunks.
- Toss avocado with 1 tsp. oil, salt, red pepper, a small squeeze of fresh lemon juice and toss.
- Top baked garlic bread with avocado and drizzle with balsamic reduction/glaze.
Beverage Pairing: Petite Sirah
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 3650 IU; Vitamin C 12 mg; Calcium 460 mg; Iron 21 mg; Vitamin D 4.7 IU; Folate 100 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 70%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 4%; Iron 25%