The garlic bread is loaded with garden-fresh produce like spinach and tomatoes with irresistible California Avocado.
California Garlic Bread with Sautéed Spinach and Avocados
Total Time: 20 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 3650 IU; Vitamin C 12 mg; Calcium 460 mg; Iron 21 mg; Vitamin D 4.7 IU; Folate 100 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 70%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 4%; Iron 25%
Ingredients1/2 large loaf whole wheat ciabatta (sliced lengthwise from full loaf) 6 Tbsp. butter 3 Tbsp. minced garlic (divided) As needed Kosher salt & pepper 4 cups fresh spinach 1 lemon, juiced 1 Tbsp. grapeseed or olive oil (divided) 1 cup halved grape tomatoes 1 yellow pepper, stem, seeds and membrane removed, sliced 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled As needed red pepper, optional As needed balsamic Reduction/Glaze
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter; add in 2/3 of the garlic, season with salt and pepper, stir and set aside.
- Place bread onto baking sheet and liberally brush it with garlic butter. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, sauté 2 tsp. oil and remaining garlic for 1 minute; add in spinach and stir just until spinach begins to wilt. Remove from heat, squeeze a few drops of lemon juice, stir and spread it over-top of prepared bread.
- In same pan, add tomatoes and peppers; sauté for 2 minutes. Place atop the spinach-topped bread, season with salt and pepper (and red pepper for some heat).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. While the bread bakes, cut avocado into bite-sized chunks.
- Toss avocado with 1 tsp. oil, salt, red pepper, a small squeeze of fresh lemon juice and toss.
- Top baked garlic bread with avocado and drizzle with balsamic reduction/glaze.
Beverage Pairing: Petite Sirah
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados