Artichokes, California Avocados and south of the border-inspired flavors help create heaven in a bowl.
|1||6 oz. chicken breast|
|1||cup||cilantro lime rice (recipe below)|
|1/4||cup||sweet corn, cooked|
|1/2||cup||artichoke hearts (If using canned artichokes, get artichokes soaked in brine, not oil.)|
|1/4||cup||black beans, cooked|
|1/2||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded|
|2||Tbsp.||Avocado Ranch Dressing (recipe below)|
|As needed||lime wedges|
|Cilantro Lime Rice|
|1||cup||long-grain white rice, cooked|
|1||Tbsp.||fresh lime juice|
|As needed||Avocado Ranch Dressing|
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados*, peeled and seeded|
|1/8||tsp.||white wine vinegar|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in an oven-safe sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breast with garlic salt, onion powder, and pepper on both sides.
- Once the oil is hot, sear the chicken breast for 1 minute on each side to form a crust.
- Add the chicken stock to the bottom of the sauté pan and place the pan in the oven.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Slice and set aside.
Cilantro Lime Rice:
- Mix all ingredients together.
Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until everything is fully incorporated and the dressing is smooth.
To create Cali-Mex Bowl:
- Add the cilantro lime rice to the bottom of serving bowl.
- Next add the tomato, corn, artichoke hearts, black beans, bell peppers and chicken.
- Place the avocado on top, garnish with some Avocado Ranch Dressing, cilantro leaves, and lime wedges, and enjoy!
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.