Rosemary Chicken, California Avocado and Pancetta Panini
Ingredients24 5-ounce Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves As needed Olive oil - as needed As needed Rosemary, finely chopped - as needed 12 garlic cloves, finely chopped 6 Fresh California Avocados** 1/3 cup lemon juice As needed Salt and pepper - as needed 48 Foccacia pieces (about 4" x 5" each) 3/4 cup Lemon aioli* 3 lb. Tomatoes, thinly sliced 24 Pancetta or bacon slices, fried crisp** As needed Arugula leaves - as needed *Stir 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon zest into 1-1/2 cups aioli; let stand 1 hour to marry flavors. *
- Pound chicken breast halves to even thickness, about 3/8-inch.
- Lightly coat each piece with olive oil; rub each with some of the rosemary and garlic.
- Marinate for 3 hours, refrigerated.
- JUST BEFORE SERVICE
- Roughly mash avocado; stir in lemon juice; reserve. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Grill chicken until just firm to the touch, about 2 minutes per side; reserve.
- PER ORDER
- Spread 1 piece focaccia with 1/4 cup avocado mixture; spread 1 piece with 1/2 tablespoon lemon aioli; reserve. Layer avocado with sliced tomato, 1 piece chicken; 1 slice pancetta and arugula leaves. Top with remaining piece of focaccia, aioli side down. Lightly film a hot frying pan with olive oil. Pan grill sandwich, lightly pressing it down with a spatula, until focaccia is browned. Turn; repeat procedure. Cut in half on diagonal.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados