Rosemary Chicken, California Avocado and Pancetta Panini
|24||5-ounce Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves|
|As needed||Olive oil - as needed|
|As needed||Rosemary, finely chopped - as needed|
|12||garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|6||Fresh California Avocados**|
|As needed||Salt and pepper - as needed|
|48||Foccacia pieces (about 4" x 5" each)|
|3||lb.||Tomatoes, thinly sliced|
|24||Pancetta or bacon slices, fried crisp**|
|As needed||Arugula leaves - as needed|
|*Stir 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon zest into 1-1/2 cups aioli; let stand 1 hour to marry flavors.|
|**Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Pound chicken breast halves to even thickness, about 3/8-inch.
- Lightly coat each piece with olive oil; rub each with some of the rosemary and garlic.
- Marinate for 3 hours, refrigerated.
- JUST BEFORE SERVICE
- Roughly mash avocado; stir in lemon juice; reserve. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Grill chicken until just firm to the touch, about 2 minutes per side; reserve.
- PER ORDER
- Spread 1 piece focaccia with 1/4 cup avocado mixture; spread 1 piece with 1/2 tablespoon lemon aioli; reserve. Layer avocado with sliced tomato, 1 piece chicken; 1 slice pancetta and arugula leaves. Top with remaining piece of focaccia, aioli side down. Lightly film a hot frying pan with olive oil. Pan grill sandwich, lightly pressing it down with a spatula, until focaccia is browned. Turn; repeat procedure. Cut in half on diagonal.