Made with cauliflower rice which has less calories than rice (white rice almost 5 times the calories). This heart-healthy couscous is delicious and nutritious providing an excellent source of fiber and vitamin C along with a good source of potassium.
Cauliflower Couscous with California Avocado
Total Time: 25 min
Prep Time: |
Ingredients4 cups cauliflower florets, or 3 cups purchased cauliflower rice 2 Tbsp. olive oil 1 onion, medium, minced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 1 tsp. allspice 1/4 tsp. sea salt 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced, or golden raisins 1 Tbsp. fresh mint leaves, chopped (optional) 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled and chopped (optional)
- Place cauliflower florets in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower resembles rice. Do not over process.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add onions, cauliflower rice and garlic. Cook about 10 minutes or until cauliflower rice is soft.
- Turn heat down to low, add the spices and salt.
- Add dried fruit. Stir to combine.
- Remove the couscous from the heat, add avocado.
- Sprinkle pistachios over the couscous (if using).
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados