Chicken and Avocado Crepes with California Avocado Sauce
Total Time: 47 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 1080 (IU); Vitamin C 23 mg; Calcium 220 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 38 (IU); Folate 112 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 1.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 20%; Iron 15%
IngredientsChicken 1/2 gal. orange juice 1 bunch cilantro, chopped 12 cloves garlic 1/2 (7-oz.) can chipotle in adobo 2 cups canola oil 1 lime, sliced 8 (8-oz.) chicken breasts As needed Salt & pepper Sauce 1 Tbsp. canola oil 1/4 small yellow onion, cut into ¼-inch dice 1 clove garlic, crushed 3 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, halved and seeded 1 cup fat free milk 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley 1 Tbsp. lemon juice As needed Kosher Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, halved and seeded 5 Eggs 2 cups fat-free milk 2 Tbsp. canola oil 1/2 tsp. ground cumin 1 tsp. chili powder 1 zest of lemon 1 tsp. kosher salt 1 poblano chile roasted (skin and seeds removed) 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- Marinate and cook the chicken: Put orange juice, cilantro, garlic, chipotle and canola oil for the marinade into a blender and puree until combined. Add the sliced lime, salt and pepper and marinate the chicken breasts for about 2 hours. Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper and grill on a grill or in a grill pan until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Reserve.
- Prepare Avocado Sauce: Heat the oil in a small pan and lightly fry the onion and garlic until soft. Scoop the avocado for the sauce into a small mixing bowl and mash well with a fork. Stir into the onion mixture, add the milk and lemon juice and season to taste. Keep warm and add chopped parsley just before serving. Add a little water if sauce gets too thick.
- Make Crepes: Put all the crepe ingredients, except for the flour, into a blender and puree. Pour into a mixing bowl and stir in flour until combined. Let rest in refrigerator for 1 hour. Heat a small non-stick pan or a crepe pan and using a non stick spray, place about 1 ounce of mix into pan and twirl pan to evenly coat bottom with the batter. Cook for about 1 minute and then carefully flip over and continue to cook for another 30 seconds.
- Chef’s Tip: because of the ingredients in this batter, it is necessary to use spray each time
- To Plate: Seed, peel and dice the remaining avocados into 1 inch dice. Slice each chicken breast into 6 slices and place 3 slices along with 1 Tbsp. diced avocado in each crepe and wrap. Place two crepes on a plate, top with 1 ounce of sauce and serve.
Yield: 16 Crepes
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados