Chicken and Avocado Crepes with California Avocado Sauce
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1/2||(7-oz.) can chipotle in adobo|
|8||(8-oz.) chicken breasts|
|As needed||Salt & pepper|
|1/4||small yellow onion, cut into ¼-inch dice|
|1||clove garlic, crushed|
|3||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, halved and seeded|
|1||cup||fat free milk|
|1||Tbsp.||fresh chopped parsley|
|As needed||Kosher Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, halved and seeded|
|1||zest of lemon|
|1||poblano chile roasted (skin and seeds removed)|
|1 1/4||cups||all purpose flour|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Marinate and cook the chicken: Put orange juice, cilantro, garlic, chipotle and canola oil for the marinade into a blender and puree until combined. Add the sliced lime, salt and pepper and marinate the chicken breasts for about 2 hours. Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper and grill on a grill or in a grill pan until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Reserve.
- Prepare Avocado Sauce: Heat the oil in a small pan and lightly fry the onion and garlic until soft. Scoop the avocado for the sauce into a small mixing bowl and mash well with a fork. Stir into the onion mixture, add the milk and lemon juice and season to taste. Keep warm and add chopped parsley just before serving. Add a little water if sauce gets too thick.
- Make Crepes: Put all the crepe ingredients, except for the flour, into a blender and puree. Pour into a mixing bowl and stir in flour until combined. Let rest in refrigerator for 1 hour. Heat a small non-stick pan or a crepe pan and using a non stick spray, place about 1 ounce of mix into pan and twirl pan to evenly coat bottom with the batter. Cook for about 1 minute and then carefully flip over and continue to cook for another 30 seconds.
- Chef’s Tip: because of the ingredients in this batter, it is necessary to use spray each time
- To Plate: Seed, peel and dice the remaining avocados into 1 inch dice. Slice each chicken breast into 6 slices and place 3 slices along with 1 Tbsp. diced avocado in each crepe and wrap. Place two crepes on a plate, top with 1 ounce of sauce and serve.
Yield: 16 Crepes
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 1080 (IU); Vitamin C 23 mg; Calcium 220 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 38 (IU); Folate 112 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 1.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 20%; Iron 15%