Crab & California Avocado Quesadilla
Ingredients6 oz. shredded Monterey Jack Cheese 3 oz. crab meat 1/2 Fresh California Avocado*, peeled and diced 1 oz. scallions, roughly chopped As needed Pinch of black pepper 1 tsp. olive oil 2 9" flour tortillas As needed Pico de Gallo (recipe follows) As needed Chipotle Aioli (recipe follows) As needed Sour cream for serving Pico de Gallo (Yield: 2 cups) 1 large heirloom tomato, diced 1 small red onion, diced 1 jalapeno, finely diced 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped 2 limes, juiced Chipotle Aioli (Yield: 1 1/4 cup) 8 oz. mayonnaise 2 Tbsp. water 1 Tbsp. chipotle chile powder 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice 1 garlic clove, minced 1 tsp. cilantro, chopped As needed Salt and pepper to taste
Pico de Gallo:
- Combine all ingredients in bowl, gently mix.
- Whisk together all ingredients in mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, gently fold together the crab meat, avocado, scallions, and pepper.
- Heat a flat grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with the olive oil. Lay tortillas on pan and cover each with 3 oz. of cheese. Then place half the crab mixture over each. Fold each tortilla in half and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until cheese is melted.
- Cut each quesadilla in four pieces. Serve with Chipotle Aioli, Pico de Gallo, and sour cream on the side.
*A large Fresh California Avocado weighs about 8 oz.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados