This burger stuffed with seasoned goat cheese and Fresh California Avocado then topped with California Avocado Tomatillo Ketchup is bursting with flavor.
California Stuffed Burger with Avocado Tomatillo Ketchup
|1||lb.||(90/10 lean to fat ratio) ground beef|
|2||tsp.||ground chipotle seasoning|
|2/3||ripe Fresh California Avocado, mashed|
|2 1/2||oz.||goat cheese|
|1||Tbsp.||thinly sliced scallions, white and light green parts only|
|As needed||Water, as needed|
|4||whole wheat hamburger buns|
|6||Tbsp.||California Avocado Tomatillo Ketchup|
|1||cup||chopped romaine lettuce|
|1||beefsteak tomato, sliced|
|Fresh California Avocado Tomatillo Ketchup (Yield ¾ cup)|
|1/3||ripe, Fresh California Avocado|
|1||serrano chile, roasted and seeded (optional)|
|1||tsp.||minced scallion, white and light green parts only|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Mix together the ground beef, chipotle seasoning and cilantro. Separate into 8 portions and pat each into 3 ½-inch circles.
- Mix together the mashed Fresh California Avocado, goat cheese, scallion and salt. Top half of the patties with the avocado mixture and spread to within ¼ inch of the edge.
- With your fingers brush the edge of the topped patty with water and then top it with an unfilled patty. Press edges to seal tightly, and then press in edges to form a smooth round circle.
- Grill patties on a BBQ or in a non-stick sauté pan, 4-5 minutes per side until cooked.
- While grilling, in a food processer whirl together the salsa verde, California Avocado for the ketchup, serrano chile (if desired), scallion and lime juice.
- While grilling toast the whole wheat buns, and top them with romaine lettuce and tomato.
- Place freshly grilled stuffed burgers on top the dressed buns, then top each with 1 ½ Tbsp. of California Avocado Tomatillo Ketchup. Use the remaining Ketchup as a dip or salad accent.
Variation: For different flavor stuff the burger with mashed Fresh California Avocado mixed with other cheeses, such as shredded Pepperjack, and top with a tomato salsa.
Serving suggestion: Add chips and veggies to dip in the extra Fresh California Avocado Tomatillo Ketchup for a crispy accompaniment.
Beverage Pairings: Enjoy with fresh-squeezed fruit juice.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Information Per Serving without Tomatillo Ketchup: Calories 410; Total Fat 22 g (Sat 8 g, Trans 0.5 g, Poly 1 g, Mono 9 g); Cholesterol 80 mg; Sodium 680 mg; Potassium 700 mg; Total Carbohydrates 21 g; Dietary Fiber 5 g; Total Sugars 5 g; Protein 33 g; Vitamin A 1630 (IU); Vitamin C 13 mg; Calcium 115 mg; Iron 4 mg; Vitamin D 7 (IU); Folate 62 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 35%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 10%; Iron 25%
Nutrition Information Per Serving (Tomatillo Ketchup only): Calories 130; Total Fat 9 g (Sat 1 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1 g, Mono 5 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 720 mg; Potassium 590 mg; Total Carbohydrates 13 g; Dietary Fiber 6 g; Total Sugars 5 g; Protein 2 g; Vitamin A 361 (IU); Vitamin C 24 mg; Calcium 21 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 57 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 2%; Iron 6%