California Avocados are the key to this fun, creamy gelatin. And, although it is a fun dish, it provides serious nutrition starting with zero cholesterol and a good source of dietary fiber, potassium, folate and vitamins C and K.
Dairy-Free Creamy Lime Gelatin
Total Time: 10 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 95 IU; Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 17 mg; Iron 0 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 44 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 2%; Iron 2%
Ingredients1 (6-oz.) pkg. lime gelatin 2 cups boiling water 2 ripe Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and quartered 1 cup ice-cold water 1 (16-oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a medium, heat-safe bowl stir boiling water into gelatin. Stir until completely dissolved.
- In a large blender combine the avocado and cold water. Blend until smooth.
- Carefully pour hot gelatin into the blender with the avocado mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Place the pineapple and marshmallows in a 13 x 9-inch pan and top with the gelatin (or use individual cups as shown), stir.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Top with fresh berries if desired.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados