California Avocados are the key to this fun, creamy gelatin. And, although it is a fun dish, it provides serious nutrition starting with zero cholesterol and a good source of dietary fiber, potassium, folate and vitamins C and K.
Dairy-Free Creamy Lime Gelatin
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||(6-oz.) pkg. lime gelatin|
|2||ripe Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and quartered|
|1||(16-oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- In a medium, heat-safe bowl stir boiling water into gelatin. Stir until completely dissolved.
- In a large blender combine the avocado and cold water. Blend until smooth.
- Carefully pour hot gelatin into the blender with the avocado mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Place the pineapple and marshmallows in a 13 x 9-inch pan and top with the gelatin (or use individual cups as shown), stir.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Top with fresh berries if desired.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 95 IU; Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 17 mg; Iron 0 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 44 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 2%; Iron 2%