Eve’s Potato Works
Ingredients20 oz. red potatoes, 1/2" dice 2 oz. Red onion, chopped 2 1/2 oz. mushrooms, sliced 3 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded 2 oz. olive oil 1 Tbsp. butter 2 tsp. rosemary, chopped 1 tsp. salt 1 Fresh California Avocado 3 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved 2 Tbsp. sour cream As needed fresh salsa for serving
- Place diced potatoes in a heavy pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Parboil the potatoes for about 6-7 minutes (potatoes should still be crisp).
- Meanwhile, peel and pit avocado and cut in half. Dice half the avocado and slice the other half.
- Heat the olive oil and butter over high heat in a large skillet. Add the potatoes. Add the rosemary and salt. When the potatoes start to brown, add the onions. Cook for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, continuing to cook on high until onions and mushrooms are done.
- Turn heat down to low and stir in the diced avocado. Sprinkle the mixture with the cheese and let melt.
- Divide potato mixture onto two plates. Divide avocado slices and place on top of each, then sprinkle each with ¼ cup of the cherry tomato halves. Top each with 1 tablespoon of sour cream. Serve immediately with salsa on the side.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados