Eve’s Potato Works
|20||oz.||red potatoes, 1/2" dice|
|2||oz.||Red onion, chopped|
|2 1/2||oz.||mushrooms, sliced|
|3||oz.||cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1||Fresh California Avocado|
|3||oz.||cherry tomatoes, halved|
|As needed||fresh salsa for serving|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Place diced potatoes in a heavy pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Parboil the potatoes for about 6-7 minutes (potatoes should still be crisp).
- Meanwhile, peel and pit avocado and cut in half. Dice half the avocado and slice the other half.
- Heat the olive oil and butter over high heat in a large skillet. Add the potatoes. Add the rosemary and salt. When the potatoes start to brown, add the onions. Cook for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, continuing to cook on high until onions and mushrooms are done.
- Turn heat down to low and stir in the diced avocado. Sprinkle the mixture with the cheese and let melt.
- Divide potato mixture onto two plates. Divide avocado slices and place on top of each, then sprinkle each with ¼ cup of the cherry tomato halves. Top each with 1 tablespoon of sour cream. Serve immediately with salsa on the side.