Gluten-Free Beer-Battered California Avocado Tacos
|12||ripe, Fresh California Avocados*, peeled, seeded and halved|
|24||white corn tortillas, 6-inch|
|Beer Batter, (recipe follows)|
|Chipotle Aioli, (recipe follows)|
|1 1/2||cups||tomatoes, diced|
|Lime wedges, for serving|
|Oil, for frying|
|Beer Batter (Yield: 4 cups)|
|1 1/2||cups||garbanzo bean flour, (6 oz.)|
|1 1/2||cups||white rice flour, (7 ½ oz.)|
|As needed||Salt and pepper|
|Chipotle Aioli (Yield: ½ cup)|
|1 1/2||tsp.||chipotle pepper, canned, in adobo|
|1/2||cup||vegan (no egg) mayonnaise, (4 oz.)|
|As needed||Salt and pepper, to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Whisk ingredients together to remove all lumps.
- Mix ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350°F.
- Dip avocado halves in beer batter and fry for about 5 minutes until they are golden brown. Drain on paper towel-lined tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Continue until all avocado halves are fried.
- Grill the tortillas in a pan or on a flat top until warmed through (about 1 minute).
- Place two tortillas on each plate. Top each with one fried avocado half. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of the Chipotle Aioli. Top each with shredded cabbage and diced tomato. Serve with lime wedges.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.