Gluten-Free Beer-Battered California Avocado Tacos
Ingredients12 ripe, Fresh California Avocados*, peeled, seeded and halved 24 white corn tortillas, 6-inch Beer Batter, (recipe follows) Chipotle Aioli, (recipe follows) 3 cups cabbage, shredded 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced Lime wedges, for serving Oil, for frying Beer Batter (Yield: 4 cups) 8 oz. gluten-free beer 12 oz. club soda 1 1/2 cups garbanzo bean flour, (6 oz.) 1 1/2 cups white rice flour, (7 ½ oz.) As needed Salt and pepper Chipotle Aioli (Yield: ½ cup) 1 1/2 tsp. chipotle pepper, canned, in adobo 1/2 cup vegan (no egg) mayonnaise, (4 oz.) As needed Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk ingredients together to remove all lumps.
- Mix ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350°F.
- Dip avocado halves in beer batter and fry for about 5 minutes until they are golden brown. Drain on paper towel-lined tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Continue until all avocado halves are fried.
- Grill the tortillas in a pan or on a flat top until warmed through (about 1 minute).
- Place two tortillas on each plate. Top each with one fried avocado half. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of the Chipotle Aioli. Top each with shredded cabbage and diced tomato. Serve with lime wedges.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados