The warm, creamy grilled avocado offers mouthwatering flavor and a perfectly charred finish that pairs well with the refreshing and zesty quinoa mango salad.
Grilled California Avocado Stuffed with Quinoa Mango Salad
Total Time: 25 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 42 mcg; Vitamin C 32 mg; Calcium 41 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 142 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.21 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients2 cups white quinoa, cooked and packed 1 mango, diced 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, large stems removed and finely diced 1/2 small red onion, diced 1/2 cup salted roasted pepita seeds 2 green onions, diced 1 jalapeño, seeds and stem removed, finely diced 4 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and halved 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil 1/2 tsp. maple syrup 1/2 tsp. lime juice 1/8 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. pepper Quinoa Salad Dressing Ingredients: 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup 2 limes, juiced 1 garlic, minced 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, mango, red onion, cilantro, pepita seeds, green onions and jalapeno. Stir well.
- Lightly brush the avocado halves with olive oil, maple syrup and lime juice. Sprinkle the avocado flesh with salt and pepper.
- When the grill is fully preheated, place the avocados (flesh side down) directly overtop the burners. Keep the heat on medium heat and do not move the avocados once placed on the griddle. After five minutes check one avocado to see if it easily lifts off. If it does, they all should be ready to take off the grill.
- On a serving platter or large plate arrange the grilled avocados, grill side up. Place two large spoonsful of the quinoa salad in the avocado’s well.
Quinoa Salad Dressing Instructions:
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients and set aside until ready to use.
Serving Suggestion: For some more spice, consider topping with red pepper flakes.
Beverage Pairing: Serve alongside a glass of fresh-squeezed juice to compliment the sweetness of the mango.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados