This Grilled California Avocado & Tofu Kebabs recipe proves that grilling can be plant placed. With a delicious sauce, hearty veggies, tofu and creamy California Avocados, this is a dish that anyone would enjoy!
Grilled California Avocado and Tofu Kebabs
Total Time: 45 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 31 mcg; Vitamin C 43 mg; Calcium 55 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 86 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.16 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients6 Tbsp. soy sauce (or Tamari) 4 Tbsp. avocado oil 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar 1 1/2 Tbsp. stone ground mustard 1 1/2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (or brown sugar) 1/4 tsp. ground pepper 1/2 tsp. salt 1 tsp. garlic powder 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled, sliced 10 pearl mini onions 1/2 package high protein tofu cubed 1/2 lb. Brussels sprouts halved 1 bunch asparagus 1 jalapeno, sliced (add more if desired) 1 green bell pepper, sliced 1 large zucchini, sliced 1/8 tsp. fresh cilantro, to taste and garnish 1/8 tsp. sea salt, to taste and garnish
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 15 minutes to prepare for assembly.
- For the sauce, combine soy sauce, avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, stone ground mustard, pure maple syrup, ground pepper, salt and garlic powder in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Prepare kebab ingredients by thickly slicing avocados, cutting tofu into cubes, and cutting asparagus and Brussel sprouts pieces in half, and cutting jalapenos, bell peppers and zucchinis into slices.
- Add tofu cubes to the bowl of prepared sauce and coat.
- Steam Brussel sprouts for 5 minutes, adding in asparagus at 3-minute mark and steaming for the final 2 minutes. Remove Brussel spots from steam and add to sauce bowl.
- Assemble kebabs by placing avocados, tofu and vegetables onto skewers until skewer is filled, alternating order of ingredients.
- Place prepared skewers on to a tray and pour remaining sauce over the top of the kebabs.
- Set grill or grill pan to high heat and place kebabs on to grill, leaving for 2-4 minutes on each side until cooked.
Serving Suggestion: Sprinkle with cilantro and flakey sea salt for the ultimate enjoyment!
Beverage Pairing: Lager or Pilsner Beer with Lime.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados