Grilled California Avocado with Jumbo Prawns
Total Time: 15 min
Ingredients2 ripe California Avocados, skin on, cut in half 4 cups baby greens 1 ripe mango 8 jumbo prawns (butterflied) As needed Salt and pepper to taste As needed vegetable oil, as necessary Chipotle Aioli 2 cups mayonnaise 1 small green onion diced fine 8 sprigs cilantro - leaves only - chopped 2 Tbsp. or 3/4 oz chipotle pepper juice or pepper 1/4 cup lemon juice 1 small clove garlic As needed Salt and pepper to taste Chili Lime Vinaigrette 1 cup orange juice 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar 2 limes, juiced 1 Tbsp. sugar (adjust sugar for desired tartness) 1 cup corn oil As needed crushed dry chilies
- Grilled California Avocado – Cut the two ripe avocados in half, leave the skin on. Oil the fruit side and grill over hot coals or on a grill pan, fruit side down, until nice grill marks appear. Turn over and grill skin side.
- Baby Greens – Toss 4 cups of baby greens with chili lime vinaigrette. Divide onto 4 plates.
- Chili Lime Vinaigrette – (dressing for baby greens) Mix 1 Cup of orange juice, 1/2 Cup of raspberry vinegar, the juice from 2 limes, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 Cup of corn oil, pinch of crushed dry chilies, and a pinch of salt and pepper together.
- Jumbo Prawns – Oil prawns slightly and grill over hot coals or use grill pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Plate Assembly – Place grilled avocado half on tossed dressed salad greens, sprinkle with diced mango and place 2 grilled prawns opposite avocado. Fill center of avocado half with 1 Tablespoon of chipotle aioli. Garnish with wedge of lime.
- Chipotle Aioli – Blend the first 7 ingredients in small blender or hand held emulsion blender.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados