Home Team Guacamole begins with a party size portion of basic guacamole (4 avocados, salt, lemon or lime juice) served in the center of a serving tray. Line up color-coded ingredients around the guacamole in small bowls. Then mix in "add-ins" to personalize and create your own Big Game Day party dip.
Home Team Guacamole
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|4||large, ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled|
|2||Tbsp.||fresh lime juice|
|1||tsp.||salt, or to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Coarsely mash (DO NOT PUREE) avocados.
- Stir in lime juice and season to taste.
- Prepare "add-ins" as directed below.
- Stir in diced roasted Pueblo chiles, smoked sweet corn and chopped heirloom tomatoes
- Season with a black pepper-herb blend for steak
- Serve with burgers, steak or ribs
- Keep the guacamole base simple with just a little sea salt, chopped Walla Walla sweet onions and a little hot sauce if desired
- Serve with a plate of seafood such as oysters, mussels and smoked salmon and crostini or crispy garlic fries
Place guacamole in center of serving tray and arrange additional ingredients on platter to surround the guacamole. Serve with tortilla chips.
Match your custom guacamole with a local brew.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Guacamole is best made as close to serving as possible. For short-term storage, seal in an airtight container with a piece of plastic wrap against the surface of the guacamole.
(Nutrition information is for basic recipe without add-ins)
Vitamin A 129 IU; Vitamin C 9 mg; Calcium 12 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 77 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 2%; Iron 2%