Lobster, California Avocado & Aromatic Vegetables with Cilantro-Mint Vinaigrette
Ingredients1 lobster tail 3 mint stems, leaves only 3 cilantro stems, leaves only 2 tbsp olive oil 2 limes 1 fennel bulb 4 celery stalks 2 California Avocados 3 small navel oranges As needed salt & pepper as needed As needed micro cilantro for garnish
- Bring water in a medium saucepan to a boil. Cook the lobster tails for 4 1/2 minutes, then immediately shock in a bowl of ice water.
- For the vinaigrette, finely chop the mint and cilantro separately. Blend two tablespoons of the cilantro with the olive oil. Juice the two lines into a small bowl, and mix in the cilantro oil and the remaining chopped cilantro and mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small saucepan, boil water. Dice the fennel and celery and blanch for five seconds. Shock in a bowl of ice water.
- Dice the avocado into 1/4” cubes. Add the celery and fennel, along with a little of the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the peel off the oranges so there is no white pith remaining. With a sharp knife, cut out the orange segments by removing the fruit from flesh. Cut each section in half.
- Warm up the lobster gently in a small saucepan.
- Place a 3”-4” diameter ring on top of a plate. Place a layer of lobster within the ring and top with the avocado mix. Carefully remove the ring and top with the orange sections. Garnish with micro cilantro.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados