California Avocado and mango make a delicious pair. Together with miso-marinated sauteed shrimp and lettuces, they make a stunning Miso Avocado, Mango & Shrimp Salad. The salad is quick and easy to prepare for a weeknight entrée or double the recipe for entertaining.
Miso Avocado, Mango & Shrimp Salad
Total Time: 15 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 383 mcg; Vitamin C 52 mg; Calcium 153 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 87 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.14 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 45%; Vitamin C 60%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10 %; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients1 cup Japanese miso dressing, divided 1 lb. (size 16/20) fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined 1 Tbsp. vegetable or olive oil, or more if needed 8 cups salad greens 1 ripe mango, seeded, peeled and diced 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced 1 tsp. sesame oil 1 Tbsp. furikake seasoning
- Place the raw shrimp and half the miso dressing in a shallow bowl or freezer bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Remove shrimp from marinade and discard remaining marinade.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add the shrimp and sauté just until they are opaque and turning pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside
- Place the salad greens on a serving platter and sprinkle diced mango over the greens.
- Top with sauteed shrimp.
- Place avocado slices around the edges of the platter. Drizzle avocado slices with sesame oil then sprinkle them with furikake.
- Serve reserved salad dressing with the salad.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with wonton chips or strips on the side if desired.
Beverage Pairing: Iced green tea
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados