A perfectly protein packed dinner salad with pesto shrimp, fresh California Avocados, and more!
Pesto Shrimp & Avocado Salad
Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 71 mcg; Vitamin C 38 mg; Calcium 104 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 87 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 60%; Calcium 10%; Iron 6 %; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients1 Tbsp. coconut oil 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced 1 lb. shrimp, medium-sized, peeled, deveined and tail removed 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto 4 cups arugula 1 honeydew melon, formed into small melon balls (or 1 inch cubes) 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and cubed 1 lime, juiced 4 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar 1/8 tsp. kosher salt, or to taste 1/8 tsp. black pepper, freshly cracked, or to taste
- In a medium skillet, heat the coconut oil.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until a light pink.
- Stir in the pesto and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, assemble the salad starting with the arugula and melon. Top with prepared shrimp, then California Avocado. Drizzle with lime juice, white balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with Kosher Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados