Sesame Seared Ahi and California Avocado Radish and Cucumber Salad
|As needed||Marinated ahi (recipe follows)|
|As needed||White Balsamic Vinaigrette(recipe follows)|
|As needed||California Avocado radish cucumber salad (recipe follows)|
|As needed||Yuzu wasabi aioli (recipe follows)|
|3/4||cup||sweet soy sauce**|
|As needed||Garnish: fresh chives, as needed|
|As needed||Garnish: Toho Shokuhim Ume Goma (Sweet-tart-salty sesame seeds)|
|Marinated Ahi (Yield: 12 servings)|
|4 1/2||oz.||sesame oil|
|White Balsamic Vinaigrette (Yield: 3 Cups)|
|6||oz.||white balsamic vinegar|
|6||oz.||seasoned rice wine vinegar|
|As needed||Salt and pepper, to taste|
|California Avocado Radish Cucumber Salad (Yield: 12 servings of 1/2 Cups each)|
|3||large Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded, 1/4" dice*|
|2 1/4||cups||radishes, cleaned, 1/4" dice|
|2||cups||hot house cucumber, peeled, seeded, 1/4" dice|
|1||Tbsp.||fresh chives, minced|
|Yuzu Wasabi Aioli (Yield 1 Cups)|
|1 3/4||oz.||pasteurized egg yolks|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||Yuzu juice (or fresh lime juice)|
|1 1/2||tsp.||prepared wasabi|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Portion Ahi into 3 oz. pieces.
- Marinate in sesame oil for 15 minutes.
White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Whisk together all ingredients and refrigerate.
California Avocado Radish Cucumber Salad
- Place all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the White Balsamic Viniagrette and gently stir.
Yuzu Wasabi Aioli
- Wisk together the egg yolks and yuzu.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil whisking until thick.
- Stir in the wasabi and refrigerate.
- Place 1/2 Cups of the California Avocado Radish Cucumber salad in a ring mold and gently press down.
- Place the molded salad at the top center of the platter.
- In a hot sauté pan, sear ahi then slice thinly.
- Place the ahi down the length of the plate.
- Drizzle 1 heaping Tbsp. Yuzu Wasabi Aioli sauce down one side of the platter.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of sweet soy sauce along the opposite side of the platter.
- Garnish with fresh chives over the salad.
- Garnish with seasoned sesame seeds over Ahi.
* A large avocado weights about 8 oz. as purchased.
** A substitute for sweet soy sauce is 3 Tbsp. brown sugar mixed with 4 1/2 oz. soy sauce.