Short rib braised with a can of cola, on a corn tortilla topped with fresh California Avocado.
Short Ribs Tacos With California Avocado Aioli
|4||2 oz. short ribs|
|As needed||Salt, to taste|
|1 1/2||cups||beef stock|
|1||(12-oz.) can cola|
|1||orange, juice only|
|As needed||Pepper, to taste|
|1/2||cup||Lettuce, chopped (2 Tbsp. per taco)|
|1/4||cup||Pico de Gallo (1 Tbsp. per taco)|
|1/2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and diced|
|As needed||Jalapenos (optional)|
|California Avocado Aioli|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and diced small|
|2||medium garlic cloves, minced|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle all sides of short ribs with salt. Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven, over high heat. Let the pan and oil get very hot, nearly smoking. Brown all four sides of the ribs thoroughly. You want a nice crust on the outside of the meat!
- Remove pan from heat and add beef stock, cola, garlic, onions, orange juice, pepper, and cayenne pepper to the pan.
- Cover Dutch oven and place in the preheated oven and cook for 3 to 4 hours. When meat is finished, it will fall off the bone and be very tender.
- When the short ribs are finished cooking, remove from oven and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the meat rests, preheat oven to 425.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the fat and juices and place on a baking sheet. Season with a little more salt and pepper and place the ribs in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes to brown.
- To build tacos, lightly brown the tortillas on both sides. Add some of short rib meat to the taco. Garnish with lettuce, Pico de Gallo, cilantro, jalapenos, and California Avocado Aioli.
California Avocado Aioli
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or a food processor. Blend until smooth.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.