If you like avocado toast, you will love this interactive vegan California Avocado toast brunch charcuterie board. It’s a perfect crowd-pleasing brunch for any spring or summer festivity.
Vegan California Toast Charcuterie Board
Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 322 mcg; Vitamin C 35 mg; Calcium 258 mg; Iron 9 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 160 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.24 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 35%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 20%; Iron 50 %; Vitamin D 0%
IngredientsCalifornia Avocado Smash 3 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and cubed 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice 1/4 tsp. flaky sea salt 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, optional Tofu Scramble 1 (16 oz) block extra-firm or firm tofu, drained 3/4 tsp. turmeric powder 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper 1 Tbsp. avocado oil 1 tsp. Himalayan black salt Springtime Charcuterie Board California Avocado Smash (see make-ahead recipe above) Tofu Scramble (see make-ahead recipe above) 4 oz. balsamic glaze 1 (2 oz) jar capers 1 (8 oz) package vegan cream cheese 2 Tbsp. bagel seasoning 8 strips vegan bacon, cooked and chopped 8 oz. vegan deli slices (hickory smoked or black forest ham plant-based deli slices) 1 (16 oz) package mini bagels, toasted 1 small baguette, grilled 3 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and thinly sliced 1 cucumber, peeled into ribbons 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons 1 tomato, sliced 1 (16 oz) package red grapes 1 radish, thinly sliced 1 (8oz) package microgreens
California Avocado Smash
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mash until smooth. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Using a potato masher or your hands, crumble the tofu into a bowl. Season it with the turmeric and pepper, tossing to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tofu is warmed through and starts to brown, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and season the tofu with the black salt, stirring to incorporate.
Springtime Charcuterie Board featuring California Avocado
- Place a bowl of California Avocado Smash near center of board.
- Add Tofu Scramble, balsamic, capers, bacon bits and cream cheese (topped with bagel seasoning) into separate small bowls and place the bowls in desired locations on the board.
- Add remaining ingredients to the board around the bowls until the board is covered.
Serving Suggestion: The board can be prepared ahead of time besides the avocado. Since oxidization happens relatively quickly, prepare the avocado mash and thinly sliced avocado right before serving and don’t forget to squeeze a bit of lemon juice on them. For more tips on how to store avocado, check out these tips to store avocados.
Beverage Pairing: Enjoy with a glass of crisp white wine like Sauvignon Blanc.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados