This vegan omelette is a tasty, high protein recipe to start your day off with! Stuff this omelette with leftover veggies and fresh, California Avocados.
Total Time: 20 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 114 mcg; Vitamin C 29 mg; Calcium 135 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 90 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.12 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 30%; Calcium 10%; Iron 15 %; Vitamin D 0%
IngredientsVegan Omelette Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. olive oil 1/2 onion, thinly sliced 1/2 bell pepper, diced 2 cups spinach, chopped 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and diced 2 cups vegan egg mix (see make-ahead recipe below) 1/2 cup shredded dairy-free cheese Vegan Egg Mix Ingredients: 1 cup dry split yellow mung beans, soaked in water overnight and drained 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk 1/2 cup chickpea flour 1 tsp. black salt (or regular salt) 1/2 tsp. garlic powder 1/2 tsp. onion powder 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
Vegan Omelette Instructions:
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add oil.
- When hot, add onion and bell pepper cooking for about 3 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add spinach and avocado; cook 1-2 minutes, until spinach is wilted. Transfer vegetables to a plate.
- Clean the skillet of any remaining vegetables and grease generously with nonstick spray. Place over medium-low heat.
- Pour one half cup of egg mix into the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for 2 minutes. Place ¼ of the vegetables and avocado on half of the omelette.
- Top with ¼ of the cheese and fold the other half of the omelette over the vegetables, avocado and cheese. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for remaining omelets and serve.
Vegan Egg Mix Instructions:
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Store in an airtight container or a jar in the fridge until ready to use.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a side of fresh fruit if desired.
Beverage Pairing: Enjoy with a warm cup of coffee.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados