A creamy, delicious savory Margarita made with reposado tequila, Cointreau, fresh lime and ripe Fresh California Avocados. Served in a kosher, celery salt, green peppercorn rimmed glass. Perfect with chips & salsa.
Ingredients2 oz. Cabo Wabo® Reposado tequila 1 oz. Cointreau® or orange liqueur 1 oz. lime juice 1 oz. Simple syrup 1/4 large, ripe Fresh California Avocados 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro As needed cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Place the rimming mixture in a small bowl.
- Wet outside rim of rocks glass with a lime wedge.
- Dip into salt/peppercorn mixture until coated. Set aside.
- Combine ALL of the ingredients in a blender (without ice)
- Blend for a few seconds.
- Add about a cup of ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into rimmed rocks glass.
- Garnish with cilantro sprig.
RIM: Mixture of Kosher salt, celery salt and crushed green and/or white peppercorns.
To learn more about Kim Haasarud, click here.
*Note: Recipe can be made without cilantro, if desired.
*A large Fresh California Avocado weighs about 8 oz.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados