These pancakes are the perfect combination of savory and sweet, packed with fresh blueberries.
Blueberry Avocado Pancakes
Total Time: 20 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 149 mcg; Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 10 mg; Iron 5 mg; Vitamin D 2 mcg; Folate 178 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 45%; Iron 25 %; Vitamin D 10%
Ingredients1 cup all-purpose flour, (or gluten-free blend) 1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar 1 tsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. nutmeg 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and mashed 3/4 cup milk 1 egg 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract 1/2 cup blueberries Butter for the pan, (or pan spray) 2 eggs, poached or fried
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Combine the mashed avocado, milk, egg, coconut oil and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the avocado mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Place a bit of butter in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Once melted and hot, scoop batter into the pan, dot each pancake with a small handful of blueberries and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Divide pancakes into two stacks and top each with a poached or fried egg.
Serving Suggestion: Top with a poached (or fried) egg for some added protein.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados