These pancakes are the perfect combination of savory and sweet, packed with fresh blueberries.
Blueberry Avocado Pancakes
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||cup||all-purpose flour, (or gluten-free blend)|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and mashed|
|1||Tbsp.||coconut oil, melted|
|Butter for the pan, (or pan spray)|
|2||eggs, poached or fried|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Combine the mashed avocado, milk, egg, coconut oil and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the avocado mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Place a bit of butter in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Once melted and hot, scoop batter into the pan, dot each pancake with a small handful of blueberries and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Divide pancakes into two stacks and top each with a poached or fried egg.
Serving Suggestion: Top with a poached (or fried) egg for some added protein.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 149 mcg; Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 10 mg; Iron 5 mg; Vitamin D 2 mcg; Folate 178 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 45%; Iron 25 %; Vitamin D 10%