This new perspective removes the traditional red sauce of a pizza with an unexpected twist. Through the succulent crab, punch of garlic aioli and the subtle nuttiness of California Avocados, this flatbread creates the perfect dish.
California Avocado and Crab Flatbread with Garlic Aioli
|1/2||Tbsp.||garlic, peeled and minced|
|1/2||Tbsp.||avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2||Tbsp.||parsley, finely chopped|
|4||store-bought flatbreads, medium-sized|
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and diced|
|6||Tbsp.||Monterey jack cheese, shredded|
|1||red chili, sliced thinly|
|1||tsp.||ground black pepper|
|1||Tbsp.||micro cilantro, or fresh parsley, chopped|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- To make the aioli, combine mayonnaise, garlic, oil, lemon juice, parsley and salt. Mix well to combine, cover and chill.
- In the meantime, heat oven to 350 degrees F to warm flatbreads for 5 minutes. Remove flatbreads from oven, set aside and turn oven to broil.
- Spread the chilled aioli on the flatbreads then top with crab, avocado, cheese and red chile slices evenly on each flatbread.
- Place the flatbreads on a baking sheet under the broiler until the cheese begins to melt and becomes golden, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with ground pepper and micro cilantro.
Serving Suggestion: Consider swapping the crab meat for any local and seasonal fish variety like salmon, or shrimp.
Beverage Pairing: Pair this classic dish with a cold, bubbly glass of cola or ginger ale.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.