This creamy avocado and ripe tomato sandwich recipe is super simple and so tasty. Fresh California Avocados and slices of fresh tomatoes complement your favorite bread.
California Avocado and Tomato Sandwich
Total Time: 5 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 13 mcg; Vitamin C 8 mg; Calcium 101 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 77 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.15 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 8%; Iron 10 %; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients2 slices whole wheat or multi-seed bread, or bread/roll of choice 2 tsp. mayonnaise, avocado mayo or vegan mayo, optional 1 small tomato, stemmed and sliced sea salt to taste, optional fresh cracked pepper, to taste 1/4 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced (or mashed)
- Toast bread if desired.
- Spread mayonnaise on one slice of bread, if using
- Top mayonnaise with tomato slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add avocado, top with the other slice of bread and cut sandwich in half.
- Add on more veggies, such as cucumber or carrot ribbons, or add grilled tofu.
- Use this basic (and delicious!) avocado and tomato sandwich recipe as the starter for any number of sandwiches with meats and/or cheeses.
Serving Suggestion: Try with a fresh fruit salad.
Beverage Pairing: Sparkling water or Prosecco.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados