This salad is perfect for when you’re on-the-go or need to pack a lunch for school or work.
California Cobb Mason Jar Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
Total Time: 10 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 336 mcg; Vitamin C 39 mg; Calcium 212 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 1 mcg; Folate 91 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.21 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 35%; Vitamin C 45%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10 %; Vitamin D 6%
IngredientsCalifornia Avocado Green Goddess Dressing: 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded 1 cup fresh parsley 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 1/4 water, to taste 3 Tbsp. avocado oil mayo 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar) 1 large clove garlic, peeled 1/8 tsp. sea salt, to taste 1/8 tsp. pepper, to taste Cobb Salad: 6 Tbsp. California Avocado Green Goddess Dressing, to taste, divided (see make-ahead above) 1 pt. grape or cherry tomatoes, halved 4 hard boiled eggs 6 oz. cooked chicken, shredded or cubed 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled, cubed 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese 6 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled or roughly chopped 4 cups salad greens of choice
California Avocado Green Goddess Dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or small food processor. Pulse a few times then blend until well incorporated and creamy.
- Add more water as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Make sure your two wide-mouthed mason jars are clean and dry.
- Add 3 Tbsp. of your California Avocado Green Goddess Dressing to the bottom of each jar, or more to taste.
- Divide tomatoes, eggs, chicken, avocado, cheese, bacon and lettuce between the two jars.
- When ready to eat the California Cobb Mason Jar Salad, unscrew the lid and shake the contents out into a bowl or plate.
- Toss to combine, as needed, so everything is coated in the dressing and ingredients are well dispersed.
Serving Suggestion: Add a small jalapeño or red pepper flakes for a little heat along with a slice of bread to soak up any remaining dressing!
Beverage Pairing: Pair with a tall glass of cold water.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados