This granola bar is filled with California grown ingredients making it a delicious and nutritious whole-foods bar you can make from the comfort of your own home. Not only is it low in added sugar and sodium, it’s also vegan, peanut- and gluten-free, making it a food-sensitivity friendly snack for many to enjoy. Plus, this recipe provides 4.5 g of unsaturated fatty acids and 18 mcg of folate, and 4 g of fiber, three important nutrients crucial for optimum health of moms and toddlers!
California Avocado Granola Bars
Total Time: 33 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 1 mcg; Vitamin C 2 mg; Calcium 13 mg; Iron 1 mg [W]; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 18 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.02 g.
Ingredients12 pitted California Deglet Noor dates 5 Tbsp. filtered water 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, halved, seeded and peeled 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1/4 tsp. sea salt 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup 2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats 1/4 cup California raisins 1/4 cup chopped California walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pitted dates and water in a microwave safe mug and heat for 40 seconds. Remove and let sit 5 minutes.
- Pour dates and water into blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Add California Avocado, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sea salt and maple syrup into the blender. Continue to blend until smooth (another minute).
- Use a spatula to empty batter into a large bowl.
- Add oats, raisins and walnuts into the bowl, mix.
- Line a standard loaf pan (8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches) with parchment paper. Pour batter into pan and pat down with spatula. Shake the pan, if needed, to ensure batter is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 18 minutes, remove and let cool on a wire rack. Place in refrigerator for one hour or more before slicing. (This helps the bars firm up to get the perfect, crumble free bar.)
- Slice into 6 granola bars, then cut each bar in half. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- Use within 7 days for optimum freshness.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados