This granola bar is filled with California grown ingredients making it a delicious and nutritious whole-foods bar you can make from the comfort of your own home. Not only is it low in added sugar and sodium, it’s also vegan, peanut- and gluten-free, making it a food-sensitivity friendly snack for many to enjoy. Plus, this recipe provides 4.5 g of unsaturated fatty acids and 18 mcg of folate, and 4 g of fiber, three important nutrients crucial for optimum health of moms and toddlers!
California Avocado Granola Bars
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|12||pitted California Deglet Noor dates|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, halved, seeded and peeled|
|2||tsp.||pure vanilla extract|
|2||Tbsp.||pure maple syrup|
|2||cups||gluten-free old-fashioned oats|
|1/4||cup||chopped California walnuts|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pitted dates and water in a microwave safe mug and heat for 40 seconds. Remove and let sit 5 minutes.
- Pour dates and water into blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Add California Avocado, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sea salt and maple syrup into the blender. Continue to blend until smooth (another minute).
- Use a spatula to empty batter into a large bowl.
- Add oats, raisins and walnuts into the bowl, mix.
- Line a standard loaf pan (8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches) with parchment paper. Pour batter into pan and pat down with spatula. Shake the pan, if needed, to ensure batter is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 18 minutes, remove and let cool on a wire rack. Place in refrigerator for one hour or more before slicing. (This helps the bars firm up to get the perfect, crumble free bar.)
- Slice into 6 granola bars, then cut each bar in half. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- Use within 7 days for optimum freshness.
Vitamin A 1 mcg; Vitamin C 2 mg; Calcium 13 mg; Iron 1 mg [W]; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 18 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.02 g.