This burger is anything but average. It’s packed with tons of flavor, from the seasoned patty to the avocado-smeared bun.
California Avocado Ketchup Burger
|1||lb.||lean hamburger meat|
|2 1/2||Tbsp.||ketchup, plus additional for topping|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||steak sauce|
|1||tsp.||Steak Seasoning (or can used seasoned salt+ fresh if not available)|
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados*|
|2||tsp.||fresh lemon juice|
|As needed||Sea salt, to taste|
|4||slices butter lettuce|
|4||large slices tomato|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Gently combine hamburger meat with the ketchup, steak sauce and seasoning. Form ground beef into 4 patties.
- Heat grill iron pan or grill and cook patties to desired doneness.
- While the patties are cooking, mash half the avocado with the lemon juice and salt, in a small bowl.
- Layer the bun with the avocado mixture, lettuce, tomato, patty, 3 slices of avocado, and some more ketchup. Add the top bun, and serve.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.