Hot dogs are an American tradition. Topped with Zesty California Guacamole they become a whole new taste sensation!
California Guacamole Dog
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|8||turkey hot dogs|
|8||whole grain hot dog buns|
|As needed||Zesty California Guacamole (see recipe below)|
|Zesty California Guacamole Ingredients|
|1||Fresno chile (or red jalapeño)|
|4||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, quartered, seeded and peeled|
|1/2||cup||minced red onion|
|1/4||tsp.||red chile flakes|
|1/2||tsp.||salt, or to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Place hot dogs on a preheated grill, about 4 inches from a medium flame. Cook for about 6 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- When hot dogs are about one minute away from being done, open buns and place on the grill to warm them.
- Place cooked hot dogs in buns and top with Zesty California Guacamole.
Zesty California Guacamole Instructions
- Remove stem from chile and discard. Mince chile and place in a medium bowl. (For a milder guacamole discard the seeds, or keep them for a spicier guacamole.)
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mash together, leaving some chunks of avocado. Season to taste and serve.
Serving Suggestions: Top with caramelized onions, diced tomatoes, diced chiles or other favorite hot dog toppers.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 166 (IU); Vitamin C 9 mg; Calcium 138 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 91 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%