Hot dogs are an American tradition. Topped with Zesty California Guacamole they become a whole new taste sensation!
California Guacamole Dog
Total Time: 15 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 166 (IU); Vitamin C 9 mg; Calcium 138 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 91 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%
Ingredients8 turkey hot dogs 8 whole grain hot dog buns As needed Zesty California Guacamole (see recipe below) Zesty California Guacamole Ingredients 1 Fresno chile (or red jalapeño) 4 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, quartered, seeded and peeled 1/2 cup minced red onion 1 Tbsp. lime juice 1/2 tsp. ground cumin 1/4 tsp. red chile flakes 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- Place hot dogs on a preheated grill, about 4 inches from a medium flame. Cook for about 6 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- When hot dogs are about one minute away from being done, open buns and place on the grill to warm them.
- Place cooked hot dogs in buns and top with Zesty California Guacamole.
Zesty California Guacamole Instructions
- Remove stem from chile and discard. Mince chile and place in a medium bowl. (For a milder guacamole discard the seeds, or keep them for a spicier guacamole.)
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mash together, leaving some chunks of avocado. Season to taste and serve.
Serving Suggestions: Top with caramelized onions, diced tomatoes, diced chiles or other favorite hot dog toppers.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados