Thanks to its quinoa crust, perfectly ripened California Avocados, and array of Mediterranean colors and flavors, this dish is an excellent source of protein and a good source of calcium, iron and vitamin A. Plus, it provides 5 grams of “good” mono and polyunsaturated fats.
California Avocado Quinoa Breakfast Bake
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|Olive oil spray|
|1 1/2||cups||nonfat (skim) milk|
|1/2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and diced|
|1/4||cup||crumbled feta cheese|
|1/4||cup||diced sun dried tomatoes|
|1/2||cup||chopped raw spinach|
|1/2||cup||uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained|
|1/4||cup||grated Parmesan cheese|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray quiche pan with olive oil spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk; stir in avocado, feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, thyme, oregano, quinoa and salt.
- Pour into prepared quiche dish, cover tightly with foil, and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until set.
- Remove quiche from oven, remove foil, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and return to oven for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let quiche stand for 10 minutes prior to serving.
Vitamin A 619 (IU); Vitamin C 2 mg; Calcium 154 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 64 (IU); Folate 60 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Total Fat 13%; Vitamin A 12%; Vitamin C 3%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10%