This beef and veggie burger adds extra produce to your burger patty making it more flavorful and juicy. Then it is topped with Fresh California Avocado, lettuce and tomato. It is great served with the Steakhouse Lite Ranch Sauce and fresh veggies like carrots and celery for dipping, making this a produce packed meal. This burger not only tastes good, it has beneficial nutrients like 20% Daily Value (DV) Vitamin C, 15% Calcium and 25% Iron plus 580 mg of potassium. According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010 dietary potassium can help lower blood pressure by blunting the adverse effects of sodium on blood pressure.
California Avocado Steakhouse Burger
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1/4||cup||finely diced white onion|
|1/8||cup||finely diced bell pepper|
|2/5||cup||cut in half and thinly sliced white mushrooms|
|1||lb.||lean ground beef|
|4||whole wheat buns|
|4||slices large beefsteak tomato|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced|
|1||batch Steakhouse Lite Ranch Sauce (optional, recipe below)|
|4||Tbsp.||light ranch dressing|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- In a bowl mix together the onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, steak sauce and lean ground beef. Mix very thoroughly with your hands to combine all ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions. With your hands press each portion into a ball and then shape into a patty.
- In a sauté pan or on a flat griddle over medium low heat place the patties and grill for about 4 minutes, flip and grill an additional 4 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- While beef and veggie burgers are grilling toast the buns.
- Top each bun base with the beef and veggie burger, then drizzle each with ½ tsp. steak sauce. Top with the lettuce, tomato, Fresh California Avocado and bun top.
- Optional: serve with Steakhouse Lite Ranch Sauce for dipping.
Steakhouse Lite Ranch Sauce Instructions:
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients for sauce.
Variation: A vegan veggie patty may be substituted for the beef and veggie Burger.
Vitamin A 306 (IU); Vitamin 11 mg; Calcium 144 mg; Iron 4.6 mg; Vitamin D 0.5 (IU); Folate 82 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.14 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 20; Calcium 15%; Iron 25%