This burger hits all the right spots. It’s juicy, spicy, smoky, and sweet. Chipotle blueberry sauce takes the place of ketchup and mustard and adds antioxidants, including vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium and lutein. Slices of nutritious and beautiful avocados take this burger over the top! You can enjoy this burger knowing that you are also getting some nutrition with an excellent source of Vitamin B6 (50% DV), Vitamin K (40% DV), Potassium (35% DV) and Vitamin C (20% DV), along with good source of Vitamin B12 (15% DV), Magnesium (15% DV) and Calcium (10% DV).
Chipotle Chicken Avocado Burger
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|Chipotle Blueberry Sauce Ingredients|
|2 1/2||cups||fresh blueberries|
|1/2||chipotle in adobo (minced), or more to taste|
|2||Tbsp.||red wine vinegar|
|Chipotle Chicken Burger Ingredients|
|1 1/3||lb.||ground chicken|
|1/2||chipotle in adobo, minced, or more to taste|
|1||ripe, medium Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced|
|4||whole wheat buns|
|4||thinly sliced red onions (optional)|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add sauce ingredients to a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until boiling; lower heat and cook for 15 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking or burning.
- Mix ground chicken with chipotle, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika and form patties.
- Heat olive oil in an oven-proof skillet (preferably cast iron). Cook patties on one side for two minutes, flip and cook on the other side for two minutes. Slide the pan into the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the center of the patties reach 165 degrees F.
- Top each bun base with lettuce, burger, Chipotle Blueberry Sauce, optional onions and avocado slices.
Serving Suggestion: Serve on whole grain bun with lettuce and thinly sliced red onion. To cut down on carbs and sodium, wrap in a butter lettuce leaf.
Beverage Pairing: Hard Cider or Blueberry Lambic (fruit beet).
Vitamin A 411 IU; Vitamin C 13 mg; Calcium 108 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 46 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.24 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 10%; Iron 15 %