Flavorful California Avocados give new life to this party classic. California Avocados satisfy your craving for something deliciously creamy and the fiber adds bulk to help you feel full faster, which can increase satiety. Stop by the Avocado Nutrition Facts page to learn more and check out our other BBQ and Grilling recipes while you’re here!
California Avocado Burger
Vitamin A 100 IU; Vitamin C 15 mg; Calcium 108 mg; Iron 6 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 108 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 10%; Iron 35%
Ingredients1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce 1 1/2 tsp. salt 3/4 tsp. pepper 2 lb. lean ground beef 1 1/2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados* As needed Lettuce leaves as needed 2 onions, sliced 2 tomatoes, sliced 6 sesame seed burger buns
- Combine Worcestershire, salt and pepper and ground beef.
- Shape into patties. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Broil, grill or pan fry to desired doneness.
- While burger patties are cooking, seed, peel and mash the avocado.
- Serve each patty on bun with lettuce, sliced tomatoes and onion.
- Top each burger patty with mashed ripe Fresh California Avocado.
Try using baby spinach or baby arugula in place of the lettuce leaves for a delicious difference. Seasonally available heirloom tomatoes and sweet or red onions give burgers a garden-fresh flavor and pair beautifully with Fresh California Avocados.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados