Juicy and flavorful, California Avocados give new life to this party classic.
California Avocado Burger
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1 1/2||tsp.||Worcestershire sauce|
|2||lb.||lean ground beef|
|1 1/2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados*|
|As needed||Lettuce leaves as needed|
|6||sesame seed burger buns|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Combine Worcestershire, salt and pepper and ground beef.
- Shape into patties. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Broil, grill or pan fry to desired doneness.
- While burger patties are cooking, seed, peel and mash the avocado.
- Serve each patty on bun with lettuce, sliced tomatoes and onion.
- Top each burger patty with mashed ripe Fresh California Avocado.
Try using baby spinach or baby arugula in place of the lettuce leaves for a delicious difference. Seasonally available heirloom tomatoes and sweet or red onions give burgers a garden-fresh flavor and pair beautifully with Fresh California Avocados.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 100 IU; Vitamin C 15 mg; Calcium 108 mg; Iron 6 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 108 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 10%; Iron 35%