Chorizo Sliders with Cajun Guacamole
|10||oz.||ground pork sausage|
|2 1/2||oz.||Anaheim chili pepper, finely diced|
|3||1 oz. slices pepper jack cheese, each cut into 4 pieces|
|6||small green leaf lettuce leaves (or 3 large, cut in half)|
|As needed||Cajun Guacamole, recipe follows|
|Cajun Guacamole (Yield: 1 1/2 cup)|
|2||Fresh California Avocados, peeled and pitted|
|2||Tbsp.||red pepper, diced|
|2||Tbsp.||Green onion, sliced|
|2||Tbsp.||Anaheim chili pepers, diced|
|1||small garlic clove, minced|
|As needed||Pinch of chopped thyme|
|As needed||Pinch of cayenne pepper|
|As needed||Salt and pepper to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Scoop out avocado and mash in a mixing bowl. Mix in the lime juice.
- Fold in remaining ingredients. Adjust seasoning with salt and lime juice as needed.
- Mix the pork sausage, chorizo, and diced Anaheim peppers together. Form into six 3-ounce patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat until hot but not smoking. Place the sliders in the skillet, cover, and cook for 3 minutes. Flip the sliders, cover, and cook for an additional 3 minutes, until the internal temperature is 145°.
- Top each slider with 2 overlapping cheese slice quarters, cover and cook until cheese is melted.
- While the sliders are cooking, toast the buns. Heat the butter in another skillet over medium heat. Cut the slider buns in half, and toast until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Place a piece of lettuce on each bottom bun. Place a slider on top of each lettuce leaf.
- Top each with approximately ¼ cup of the Cajun Guacamole, then the top bun.
- Serve immediately.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.