Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Muffins that are eggless and healthy – you’ll feel like you’re eating dessert for breakfast!
Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Muffins
Total Time: 45 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 47 mcg; Vitamin C 1 mg; Calcium 49 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 42 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10 %; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients2 cups all purpose flour, (can use white whole wheat if desired) 6 Tbsp. Truvia Baking Blend 1/2 cup cocoa powder 1 tsp. baking soda 1/2 tsp. salt 3/4 cup chocolate chips 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and mashed well 5 1/3 oz. Greek yogurt, (1 container) fat-free, plain 1 cup milk, fat-free 1/4 cup canola oil 1 tsp. vanilla 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional), for topping if desired
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- In another mixing bowl, mash avocado with fork. Whisk in yogurt.
- Measure out milk, oil and vanilla and pour into avocado/yogurt mixture. Whisk together.
- Combine the flour mixture and avocado mixture until incorporated.
- Scoop into prepared pan, filling about ¾ full.
- Top each muffin with a sprinkle of chocolate chips, if desired.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for about 35 mins, until toothpick comes out mostly clean and muffins spring back when touched.
- Let cool and then careful extract from muffin tin and enjoy!
Serving Suggestion: Serve with your favorite eggs for breakfast or with dinner as a dessert.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados