Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Muffins that are eggless and healthy – you’ll feel like you’re eating dessert for breakfast!
Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Muffins
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|2||cups||all purpose flour, (can use white whole wheat if desired)|
|6||Tbsp.||Truvia Baking Blend|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and mashed well|
|5 1/3||oz.||Greek yogurt, (1 container) fat-free, plain|
|1/4||cup||chocolate chips (optional), for topping if desired|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- In another mixing bowl, mash avocado with fork. Whisk in yogurt.
- Measure out milk, oil and vanilla and pour into avocado/yogurt mixture. Whisk together.
- Combine the flour mixture and avocado mixture until incorporated.
- Scoop into prepared pan, filling about ¾ full.
- Top each muffin with a sprinkle of chocolate chips, if desired.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for about 35 mins, until toothpick comes out mostly clean and muffins spring back when touched.
- Let cool and then careful extract from muffin tin and enjoy!
Serving Suggestion: Serve with your favorite eggs for breakfast or with dinner as a dessert.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 47 mcg; Vitamin C 1 mg; Calcium 49 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 42 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10 %; Vitamin D 0%