Bring new life to your burgers with these patties that pack in flavor with fresh cilantro and garlic. The cool relish with creamy California Avocados, crisp cucumbers and lime juice balances the juicy burgers. And sriracha mayonnaise kicks in just a bit of heat to end on a high note. These sliders are not only delicious, they are nutritious providing 69% DV Protein, 80% DV Vitamin K, 45% DV B12, 35% DV Iron, Folate and Vitamin B6 along with 25% DV Potassium and Vitamin C.
Lime-Cilantro Beef Sliders with California Avocado and Cucumber Relish
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado*, diced 1/4-inch|
|1||medium cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeds scooped out, diced 1/4-inch|
|2||scallions, white and light green parts cut into 2-inch pieces, dark green parts thinly sliced|
|As needed||Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|1||lb.||(93% lean) ground beef|
|1/2||cup||fresh cilantro leaves|
|2||tsp.||reduced-sodium soy sauce, plus extra for drizzling after cooking|
|4||tsp.||canola oil, divided|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
(Makes 12 sliders with 2 tablespoons pico de gallo each)
- In a medium bowl, gently coat the avocado in the lime juice. Add cucumber, dark green scallions, salt and pepper.
- Mince the white and light green scallions and garlic in a large food processor. Add beef, cilantro, soy sauce and pepper, and pulse just until uniformly mixed. Divide beef mixture into 12 mounds on a sheet pan and gently shape into thin patties slightly wider than the buns. Avoid over handling or smashing the meat.
- Place a large skillet on medium-high heat and add half of the oil. Brown the patties in the oil on one side, about 3 minutes. You may need to cook the patties in two batches. Flip and cook the patties until medium (160 degrees F), or slightly pink in the middles (about 2 minutes, when the centers spring back when lightly pressed). Remove the patties and place on a plate. Drizzle patties with additional soy sauce.
- Toast the buns and spread on the sriracha mayonnaise. Place the patties on the buns and top the patties with 2 Tbsp. each of the relish.
Serving suggestion: Orange, Avocado, and Watercress Salad with Ginger-Lime Vinaigrette
Beverage suggestion: Lime sparkling water or Cabernet Sauvignon wine
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
** Sriracha mayonnaise is available commercially, or prepare by combining 1/3 cup light mayonnaise and 1 1/2 tsp. sriracha hot sauce.
Vitamin A 278 IU; Vitamin C 14 mg; Calcium 188 mg; Iron 6 mg; Vitamin D 3 IU; Folate 149 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acids 0.6 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 20%; Iron 35%